Tour of the Historic Center and the Sassi Plus in Ape Calessino
Duration: 75 minutes
Cost: starting from € 30.00 per person (including tourist attractions tickets)
Itinerary that includes a visit to the Sassi, Civita and the Old Town, along a route full of sites of artistic and cultural interest.
During the guided tour in the Ape Calessino you will have the opportunity to get to know the Piano area, very close to the Sassi, and other places of historical interest. On board my vehicle we will cross the Sasso Barisano and the Sasso Caveoso, we will make stops in the main squares and in the most beautiful panoramic points during which you can appreciate the artistic and landscape beauties of the city and take pictures of the panorama.
Route and main stages
The area of the Plan is located immediately behind the Sassi and is the one that has grasped and most widely manifested the economic and cultural changes that have affected Matera from the end of the 1600s onwards. The architecture of the churches, public buildings and squares testifies to different artistic and construction styles.
The Ape tour of the Historic Center and Sassi Plus will allow you to grasp all these details and identify the most important passages of the historical events of Matera.
The tour can be customized according to your needs.
Contact me to book the Historic Center and Sassi Plus tour in Ape Calessino!
- Piazza San Francesco
- Church of San Francesco d’Assisi
- Church of the Purgatory
- Via del Corso
- via Delle Beccherie
- Seat Square
- Civita – Piazza Duomo (panoramic stop)
- Cathedral of SS. Maria della Bruna (independent visit)
- Vittorio Veneto square
- via d’Addozio
- Church of Sant’Agostino (independent visit)
- Rock Church of San Giuliano (independent visit)
- Panoramic view of Sasso Barisano (stop)
- via Fiorentini
- Cave house (Audio guide and Ticket included)
- via Sant ‘Antonio Abate
- Torre Metellana
- Church of Sant ‘Antonio Abate (not open to visitors)
- Madonna delle Virtù and San Nicola dei Greci
- panoramic stop Porta Pistola
- Panoramic stop in Piazza San Pietro Caveoso
- Church of San Pietro Caveoso (independent visit)
The route of the route may be subject to variations due to changes in traffic conditions or other needs related to local mobility.